We live for those moments’ clients say to us, “We’d love to… but it’s impossible.” Because time and again we’ve taken those ‘impossibles’ and found the solution. Yes, we use advanced software. Yes, we have superior processes to make working with our clients super-efficient. But the true difference is our exceptional people. If you can imagine the impossible, Amdaris can deliver it.
We fuse together exceptional talent who deliver outstanding software solutions. The result is a team that live and breathe transformative technology. Who cares passionately and constantly envisage better ways to harness the latest innovations and advance our customers businesses.
14th October THURSDAY
The impossible challenge? Finding, growing and retaining tech talent
Investing in tech talent is critical for an organisation’s future survival. However, for companies in need of filling critical roles the rapid rise in demand means hiring top talent comes with its challenges.
During our panel discussion, our experts from across technology and recruitment will discuss the challenges and solutions for building teams within the tech space.
There will also be an open Q&A session during each panel so that you can steer the debate. In addition, there are plenty of networking opportunities.
Join Amdaris and our panel of experts from Huboo, OVO Energy, Chorus, Stephenson Law, ISL Recruitment and Clue Computing as we discuss the challenges in finding and hiring talent in the tech sector on Thursday 14th October from 3:00pm-5:30pm at Harvey Nichols (you will find us at the bar!)
Your panel members:
Panel 1 – Building the right team to deliver your impossible software development challenges
• Andy Rogers, Co-CEO, Amdaris – Andy has drawn on his 15+ year career in management to lead an exciting growth phase for Amdaris. He spearheaded the revisioning and rebranding of the business establishing it as one of the fastest-growing UK software development companies.
• James Burgess, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, Ovo Energy - James is a Senior Talent Advisor at OVO in London. His main fields of expertise are in the Technology space, managing the recruitment of Software Engineers, Product Managers, Designers and Agile professionals for OVO's various brands.
• Ed Boal, Managing Director of Stephenson Law – Ed is a passionate advocate for delivering legals differently. A highly versatile technology lawyer and a nominee for the Tech Dealmaker of the Year Award, Ed is known for his expert advice in supporting next-generation companies with their fundraises, M&As and corporate deals. Ed's love for technology positions him as the legal go-to when it comes to advancements - and obstacles - in the world of tech.
Panel 2 – How do you attract and hire the best talent into tech roles?
• Glyn Blaize, COO, Amdaris – A founder of software application company NORTHSTAR, Glyn has held several director roles during his career, including Commercial, Sales and Operations, and brings with him a wealth of recruitment, resourcing and operations experience.
• Alan Furley, Director, ISL Recruitment - Alan is a director and owner at ISL Recruitment, a business that helps tech startups and scaleups grow through talent planning and finding great people. ISL has been awarded as a UK Best Workplace for 3 of the last 4 years.
• Clare Elford, CEO , Clue Computing- Clare is CEO of Clue, the leading investigation platform empowering intelligence units globally. Having successfully exited her first business, Clare is gearing up to scale Clue in a sustained way, baking resilience into the team and the business model. Clare is an advocate of finding a fresh approach and leading from the front.
Panel 3 - How do you grow, nurture and retain your tech teams?
• Vlad Nanu, Co-CEO Amdaris - Before co-founding Amdaris in 2009, Vlad led software teams at firms in Moldova and Silicon Valley before moving to Bristol. Vlad uses his 15+ years of expertise in nearshore operations and management to deliver large-scale software programs.
• Lee Berry, Head of Product, Huboo - During his 25-year IT career, Lee Berry has worked across the globe from Europe to Australia and back. His varied background includes development, business analysis, project management, IT management and most recently, product management. An agile evangelist and leader, he is an experienced Scrum Master and coach but his passion is for all things product.
• Steve Batt - Head of IT Operations, Chorus - Steve Batt is Head of IT Operation at Chorus and has 25 years’ experience in the IT industry, where he has held senior management positions at the likes of Serco, Mouchel and Civica. As an expert in ITIL and IT service operations, Steve focuses on building engaged and motivated technical teams and implementing mature operational processes to support IT service transformation.
3:00-3:30pm Welcome & Intro
3:30-4:00pm Panel discussion 1 –
Building the right team to deliver your impossible software development challenges.
4:15-4:45pm Panel discussion 2 –
How do you attract and hire the best talent into tech roles?
5:00-5:30pm Panel discussion 3 –
How do you grow, nurture and retain your tech teams?
5:30pm onwards Networking, pre-SPARKies drinks and canapes.
Please note spaces will be limited and first come first served.
Sign Up Here!