Digital Catapult drives early adoption of artificial intelligence, immersive and future networks technologies to make UK businesses more competitive and productive, and to grow the country’s economy.
At Digital Catapult we bridge the gap between businesses of all sizes, government and academics to unlock new ways of solving real world challenges in the manufacturing and creative industries. We provide physical and digital facilities that would otherwise not be accessible for smaller companies helping to break down barriers to technology adoption.
At Digital Catapult we are always looking for talented people to join our team. We help to create new products, services, experiences and business models that grow the UK economy through the application of advanced digital technologies.
12th November THURSDAY
Quantum Discovery Workshop
In this workshop Digital Catapult and the Bristol Quantum Technology Innovation Centre will bring together experts and stakeholders from across the quantum technology ecosystem to discover and explore the opportunities the technology provides for industry.
Taking place on 12 November this online session will be an interactive workshop with supporting talks from technology experts and innovators working with quantum computing technologies. The workshop will bring together the technology community as we discuss applications and the roadmap to adoption.
Who should attend?
This event has been designed to be suitable for:
- Representatives from large businesses who have already started or will be starting to explore quantum technologies, ideally in a technical role
- Representatives from quantum startup organisations who can provide practical and technical insights
- Representative of national organisations driving the quantum computing adoption
Designed for technology experts already working in or exploring quantum computing technologies the event will provide:
- A better understanding into the key industry use cases for applications
- An opportunity to learn about the current ecosystem, including facilities, programmes and initiatives in support of the technologies adoption
- Interactive discussions about how it can apply to organisations and what to consider to adopt this technology
09:30 Welcome and objectives for today
Christian Mastrodonato, Digital Catapult and Mustafa Rampuri, University of Bristol
09:45 Scene setting - an intro to current developments
Professor Noah Linden, University of Bristol
Professor Reza Nejabati, University of Bristol
10:15 Lightning talk from early movers in this technology
Paolo Bianco, Airbus
Ashley Montanaro, Phasecraft
10.45 The current ecosystem
Overview of the key players in the ecosystem and how can businesses start their journey in quantum.
Speaker from NQCC
Caterina Vigliar QCS Hub
11:15 Comfort break
11:30 Industry use case ideation
Introduction to key industry use cases followed by a high level discussion in groups.
12:15 Road to adoption
Overview of key considerations for large businesses looking to adopt this technology and high level roadmaps for exploration.
12:45 Wrap up
Feedback from each group on highlights of their discussion.